Should I Get An iPod?

Started by
46 comments, last by od1n 19 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Code_Dark
Acoustica:
Thanks, that looks good. Did I mention I love you for this?

Haha, glad you like it! I just finished Toxic Hippo's and VertexNormal's and have Fruny's to do next. I love doing this stuff. [grin]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Jim Adams
iPod minis have a serious design flaw - the headphone circuit board is connected to the main board via a crappy little connector that breaks over time (3 months in some cases).

This defect was repaired shortly after it was discovered. New iPod Minis no longer suffer from this problem.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
iPod Mini!

Buy it!

Now!

Read Jim Adams' post, you!

ElCrazon
Yay, good stuff about the iPod! I'm gonna get just the 20gb one, though, so... that's still a lot of space :) And yeah- San Diego rocks. I'm up in Del Mar. You?

Acoustica
Glad you like doing this stuff- I think your artwork is great (I printed out the image and tacked it to my corkboard on my wall, as well as showed all my friends).

- CD
iPod minis have a serious design flaw - the headphone circuit board is connected to the main board via a crappy little connector that breaks over time (3 months in some cases).

This defect was repaired shortly after it was discovered. New iPod Minis no longer suffer from this problem.

!!
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

!!

Yeah, yeah, way to rub in my slow posting skills... or lack thereof.

- CD
I'm down in Point Loma. My mom used to live up in Del Mar a few blocks from the lagoon next to I5.
I'm gonna be down in San Diego August 18-24, let's put together a GameDev mini convention, haha. [grin]
That would be cool. We could try to have a guest appearance by Dave, too.
Does anybody know of a good mp3 player if you use Linux? I want to get one, but some players seems to come with Windows only upload software.
Quote:Original post by Code_Dark
Quote:Original post by pinacolada
What program does the Nomad Zen use to download music? Hope it's not MusicMatch, I would rather stick forks in my eyes than use MusicMatch.

Anyway, iTunes is an awesome program, so if the two players are really equal in features and price, then that might be a deciding factor.

iTunes does allow me to use media (such as .mp3s and .wmas) that are already ON my computer and use them, right? I don't have to download through iTunes, do I? Also, does it support .wma, or will I have to convert everything?

Yes, and no, and apparently iTunes can automatically import WMAs as of 4.5 (but not play them directly I don't think)

iTunes works great as a simple MP3 player, you don't have to touch the iTunes store if you don't want.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement