Tutorials & Downloads (Under repair)

Started by
69 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 10 months ago

So how are those cycling links going?

Advertisement

Can't find any relatively easy fixes -- I'm going to have to go through and edit the entire post by hand.

In the meantime, you can access the original links by looking at older versions of the post -- check the small gray "history" link at the bottom of the post.

- Jason Astle-Adams

@jbadams:

I am actually wondering if it's really worth it, to be honest. For awhile now I've considered un-stickying this thing and letting it vanish. There are some good links, but there are also some dead ones and it might be easier to just gather input and start it a-fresh, rather than editing this thing.

@jbadams

Thanks for that tip. I've looted the older post now. :)

Starting fresh might be an idea...

- Jason Astle-Adams

JB, I think that would be great as many of these are dead. It might help to bring more activity to this section as well. Food for thought

I can help out on the research this weekend if you guys want help. It'd be nice to have some fresh air in this section...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Sounds great Mark, I'll set up some new topics asking for suggestions. I'd like to keep 2d and 3d resources separate this time as well -- we haven't made any decisions yet, but we're looking into the idea of possibly splitting Visual Arts into two separate forums, so it'd be good if we had separate topics we could simply move off into each forum. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Hurray separate forums! I really think it might get more people posting if they're distinct.

I'm going to work on the 2D ones since that's what I know most about if that's all right. I've starting looking for articles, but it's hard to find really good ones among all the super specific tutorials. I was also thinking about categories and essentially thought of it as common questions people ask, which got me this list of what to look for:

General 2d Art Concepts

• Lighting/Shading
  • Perspective
  • Figure Drawing (proportions)
  • Color Theory
  • How is Game Art different?
  • Vector vs Raster (+ vs Pixel)
  • Assets vs concept art

Raster Art

• Software
  • Tutorials
  • Subset: Pixel Art

Vector Art

• Software
  • Tutorials

PM me when you start the threads too, please!

Oh, and do you think there should be more of a distinction between "Assets" and "Information" threads? They seem somewhat mingled right now...

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

I can teach some stuff when i get some free time. People have questions I dont mind helping on the art side as well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement