Disallow moderators from viewing those who rated them down

Started by
72 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 8 months ago
Not to impede the flow of verbal kicks to Adraeus' head, but Fruny and Yann L are the same person, right?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Chris Hare
Not to impede the flow of verbal kicks to Adraeus' head, but Fruny and Yann L are the same person, right?

Nope, two seperate individuals...in a collective of uber brain power.

Quote:Original post by Yann L
Oh dear. It's really sad, how some people are so concerned about their ratings. It's just a number on an anyonymous internet community, Jeez.

[blunt mode]

Anyway, Adraeus, let me tell you something. Have you looked at your profile recently ? Pretty much all of your posts are almost exclusively in lounge & co. You've been a member for 3 months now, yet you already act as if you owned this place. You know how much your objective contribution to this site is right now ? Zero, absolutely zero, my friend. As of now, you are no productive asset to this community. You're a lounge lizard. Some may even say a troll.

FYI, you have many, many negative ratings in your profile. And many more from regular members than from mods. That's generally a sign that people do not appreciate the way you act in this community. Let me be blunt (and please don't come up with any pathetic "you're an evil mod" now, I'm saying this as a human being using this internet service): I think you're arrogant, condescending and basically open your big mouth a little too often. And apparently, I'm not the only one with that opinion. Quite frankly, your current rating is no sign of personal mod vendetta against you, it's a sign that you're pissing people off with your attitude. It's just as simple as that.

My suggestion: contribute something to the site, before whining and bitching around. This is a game development site, if you haven't noticed. Go into the technical forums, and help people instead of wasting your time and energy on threads like this one. You'd be surprised how fast your rating might go up when people realize that you're helpful. Earn yourself some respect, and adjust your attitude. Then, and only then, come back and complain about things you don't like. This is a community, and it's about taking and giving. Perhaps the problem is not the community, nor the mods, but you. Think about it.

[/blunt mode]

Yeah, I really didn't want to point out that deficiency in his character, but since you brought it up...

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Quote:Original post by Chris Hare

Not really. We just happen to have similar names.
Yes, but has anyone ever seen both of you in the same thread at the same time? I don't think so! Ha....oh...damn.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by IonDefender
I would like to see a system similar to Experts Exchange (http://www.experts-exchange.com) where the creater of the post selects the best response as the answer to their problem and (in their case) that person gets the points that the creater was offering for an answer.
This was already rejected because
1. The poster might not know what's the best answer
2. We're a community, not a bunch of people waiting to answer questions. For the beginner's area, that'll work, but for any sort of discussion, such as this thread, it breaks down.
Quote:Original post by Yann L
Oh dear. It's really sad, how some people are so concerned about their ratings. It's just a number on an anyonymous internet community, Jeez.
As soon as a metric is avalible, it motivates people. I can instantly see my self worth.

When I dipped below 1000 for telling dave* he's a corporate shill, it pissed me off enough to get at least alittle above 1000. :XD

*note: I'm not saying dave did anything.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Quote:Original post by dede

He didn't :P

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Quote:Original post by Washu

That's why I'm not saying he did anything. [sweat]
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn

But what if he had? OMG! What would we do then!?!?!?!?

But what if he had?
This would happen

Uh huh. Please come with us, sir.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement