Images of the tsunami

Started by
56 comments, last by PumpkinPieman 19 years, 4 months ago
ok, call me an insensitive jerk, but I thought this pic was hallarious.
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by mtw
These are quite something.

Whoa. The people in those pictures are pretty close. They seem pretty confident that they aren't going to get smashed, eh? How'd they know?
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Quote:Original post by lethalhamster

You are an insensitive jerk.
Pretty amazing stuff, i would quite like to have been there to witness it.

ace
[pic]
You might as well put an "Owned" in the middle of it.
Quote:Original post by Pouya
[pic]
You might as well put an "Owned" in the middle of it.

LMFAO
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.

Why are they all smiling...
Quote:Original post by JexMX
Why are they all smiling...

For the camera of course.

They also get to see what happens when they die, its the awnser to the ultimate question.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Now, seriously, looking at those videos: Some of those people died purely for their own stupidity.
In one of the videos, the guy is standing right on the shore "welcoming" the huge gigantic wave that's coming towards him. What the hell?

It's going to get even scarier during the next few days. Usually after a flood, there's a big disease outbreak. And I'm guessing that these people are going to get the worst of it due to their climate and health conditions.

And then more disasters coming up after that, such as bug/worm/mosquito infestations, damaged structures that haven't fallen yet, and sadly, lots of thefts.
kSquared: must admit, good explanation.

As about water at shoreline, energy of wave stay nearly constant (some relatively small portion of energy is absorbed by internal friction), and depth of water fall, therefore mass of water involved fall, so velocity of water involved grow (energy stay almost unchanged, and e=m*v2/2), and height of waves grow till waves break. Also, speed of wave propagation is lower at small depth, so wavelength decreases, and energy is more concentrated, as result. Also, wave is composed from different frequencies that have different speed, and it changes shape of wave.

It is case of energy-conserving wave motion with "variable mass", somewhat like whip. Similar behavior happens in some electrical circuits (don't sure about cone-shaped tesla coil, but maybe) and other things, where wave propagates tghrough medium with smoothly-changing properties. And to some extent, with shockwaves in air, where shockwave itself changes properties of air.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement