Going in the Army

Started by
195 comments, last by LessBread 17 years, 7 months ago
I said "Eat a Dick!" no eat dick. Get it right. Sound like LessBread needs to get bread. Fuckin stupid ass moderator, band me then ya pussy ass bitch. I can give a shit less fuck wad!

If you want a real right, then goto ->

I'll be waiting to kick the shit out of you profusely.

// lessbread edit - I removed the poor sops street address.

[Edited by - LessBread on October 3, 2006 1:26:07 AM]
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by LessBread

Yes. Get out of Iraq, scrap the Star Wars project, scrap the F-22, scrap the Big Pharma medicaid bill. Raise taxes on corporations like Exxon as well as billionaires - that top 1% that owns 80% ... I could go on.

I essentially agree with all of these points ("raise taxes" probably means something different to you than to me), but the "Get out of Iraq..."

It just isn't that simple, and I'm sure you know that. A hasty exit will leave things worse than they are today (both immediately and down the road). We have to make some effort to ensure some sort of stability there. Is it worth the cost? I don't think the war was a good idea, in hindsight, but at the same time, abandoning Iraq and leaving it in chaos will breed nightmarish problems of "terrorism" in the short term.

Actually, it'd be interesting to hear the opinions on where military spending should go, but that's probably another thread. As far as the F-22 goes, I think air power is a better investment right now than sea, as giant floating peices of metal are going to be too vulnerable a target in the near future...just my opinion.

all around the world today, a kilo is a measure;a kilo is 1000 grams, easy to remember
Quote:Original post by sakky
I said "Eat a Dick!" no eat dick. Get it right. Sound like LessBread needs to get bread. Fuckin stupid ass moderator, band me then ya pussy ass bitch. I can give a shit less fuck wad!

If you want a real right, then goto ->

I'll be waiting to kick the shit out of you profusely.

Hah! Like I'd bother wasting my time traveling to Idaho! Beyond that I'm always happy to oblige idiots that ask to be banned. Have fun in Iraq.

// edit - I forgot to remove the poor sop's street address here too

[Edited by - LessBread on October 5, 2006 3:41:34 PM]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by thundergunslinger

Yes. Get out of Iraq, scrap the Star Wars project, scrap the F-22, scrap the Big Pharma medicaid bill. Raise taxes on corporations like Exxon as well as billionaires - that top 1% that owns 80% ... I could go on.

I essentially agree with all of these points ("raise taxes" probably means something different to you than to me), but the "Get out of Iraq..."

It just isn't that simple, and I'm sure you know that. A hasty exit will leave things worse than they are today (both immediately and down the road). We have to make some effort to ensure some sort of stability there. Is it worth the cost? I don't think the war was a good idea, in hindsight, but at the same time, abandoning Iraq and leaving it in chaos will breed nightmarish problems of "terrorism" in the short term.

Actually, it'd be interesting to hear the opinions on where military spending should go, but that's probably another thread. As far as the F-22 goes, I think air power is a better investment right now than sea, as giant floating peices of metal are going to be too vulnerable a target in the near future...just my opinion.

Iraq is a mess and getting worse. Bush has no plan and never really did - not one meant to improve the lives of Iraqis at least. The situation there is already breeding nightmarish problems of terrorism - car bombings, torture, driller killers, etc. Our staying won't necessarily ensure that things there will get better. This was in today's news: Contractor on botched Iraq construction scrutinized WASHINGTON -- The contractor that botched construction of a $75 million police academy in Baghdad so badly that human waste dripped from the ceilings has produced shoddy work on 13 out of 14 projects reviewed by federal auditors, the top official monitoring Iraq's reconstruction told Congress yesterday. ...

The question of whether air power is a better investment than sea power is quite different than the question of whether the F-22 is a worthy project. Just the same, Air Force Jet Wins Battle in Congress.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by sakky
Quote:Original post by CoffeeMug
Quote:Original post by Shai
Anyway, for all I know I'm miles off target here, but that's what it looks like to me.

That looks about right to me too. It's pretty interesting how people will self-delude themselves with a million different things just to surrender their free will to somebody else because the thought of controlling your own destiny is too damned scary.

I think joining the military can be a noble decision that deserves respect if you're honest with yourself and mature enough to understand what it is that you're doing and why you're really doing it. However, in his case it's a joke. I don't understand how a responsible military force can accept such individuals anyway, it's immoral and probably borderline illegal.

Simply put, I think your a fag. The Army has already excepted me, so eat a dick! Personally I could care less what you believe in and what you think. Your just another one of those people in the world that the world would be better off with out. For example, if I had the choice to shoot a towel head or you, I would shoot you first, then the towel head.

Wow.
People like this can get into the Army, but people like me, who have asthma, can not.
</Pissed-that-he-remembered-that-asthma-can't-be-waived-or-cured>

EDIT: I really hope the army does extensive phyciatric evaluations. Somebody who gets this PO'ed from comments made on an internet forum are probably very dangerous when holding an M16.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
I doubt he would last long in the navy. If he has that much problem here then imagine a three month cruise bunked next to someone that annoys him.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.
Quote:Original post by SticksandStones
People like this can get into the Army, but people like me, who have asthma, can not. </Pissed-that-he-remembered-that-asthma-can't-be-waived-or-cured>

That kept me out of the service as well.

Quote:Original post by thundergunslinger

Iraq is a mess and getting worse. Bush has no plan and never really did - not one meant to improve the lives of Iraqis at least.

There aren't many military actions that focus on improving the lives of local civilians. It's important to divorce that spin from what political/security concerns leaders have; blending the two is dishonesty. This dishonesty is obviously practiced by the administration, but it also leads to unfocused public thinking.

There was a plan, but it was absurd, and dictated by people who believed in the something like omnipotence of US forces, which is also an extremely dangerous illusion. From the start, the war was dreadfully mismanaged by the powers in DC.

Quote:
The situation there is already breeding nightmarish problems of terrorism - car bombings, torture, driller killers, etc. Our staying won't necessarily ensure that things there will get better. This was in today's news: Contractor on botched Iraq construction scrutinized WASHINGTON -- The contractor that botched construction of a $75 million police academy in Baghdad so badly that human waste dripped from the ceilings has produced shoddy work on 13 out of 14 projects reviewed by federal auditors, the top official monitoring Iraq's reconstruction told Congress yesterday. ...

Leaving Iraq and inviting an absolutely obvious civil war (as opposed to a rumored probable one) will cause many more problems than that. The only reason the US-aided, secular, minority Baathists remained in power was Saddam's iron fist. An abandoned Iraq would be a perfect environment for another, more virulent, Ayatollah.

Quote:
The question of whether air power is a better investment than sea power is quite different than the question of whether the F-22 is a worthy project. Just the same, Air Force Jet Wins Battle in Congress.

I agree, mostly. Still, I believe the massively expensive machines which will be useful in the near to mid future to the military will be jets, and so I'm not sure I'd say R&D, or even production, is a waste. Massive production most certainly would be. Besides air power, the military should and is concentrating on a leaner, quicker, networked ground assault/policing force, which will be the most useful for probably the next 20 years or so. There ought to be a 10 year moratorium on tank R&D and production funding.
all around the world today, a kilo is a measure;a kilo is 1000 grams, easy to remember
What we need to do is get in a fricking time machine and go back to before we invaded Iraq, and just not do it in the first place. Having taken that step, we can't back out now.

It's like if you saw a contractor painting a house, and his ladder was starting to slide out from under him, so you run over there and grab the ladder and hold it. He keeps trying to paint, and yells at you for not holding it steady enough for him to do his job right, and you're getting splinters and late for work and have a dog peeing on your leg, and you want to just stop holding the ladder and get your own problems in order, but if you do, that guy will fall down, and it'll be your fault, far more so than if you'd just let him fall in the first place because you couldn't afford to commit yourself to holding a freaking ladder all day.

The United States of America, via decisions made by officials that had been elected, directly or indirectly, by the nation's populace, is in a terribly awkward situation. That accountability has to go all the way back up the ladder to the individual people you did or did not vote. Every single American citizen should shoulder some of the burden, and we should tighten our belts, chew what we bit off, and then move forward.

"sakky" may be a bigotted moron, but he's at least trying to contribute, even if he doesn't fully understand why. For that, I thank him. If non-idiots could muster that same degree of decency and find ways to contribute in their lives, imagine what we could accomplish.

Wow, that article is dissapointing in it's accuracy, especially since it's from the NY Times.

The first sentence:
Quote:The F-22 Raptor fighter jet, the United States Air Force’s most expensive weapon, is designed for global air dominance.

That is outright incorrect, as the most expensive airplane is the B-2, which is at least $1.2 Billion per plane, as opposed to the max on the F-22 of about $350 million.

Quote:It can fly at 60,000 feet, twice as high as any other plane. Its cruising speed is Mach 2 and its top speed is a Pentagon secret.

That's pretty stupid, as even a 30-yr old MiG-25 can do a little less than 70,000 ft. And it's cruising speed (in supercruise, which the article should mention if it's going into speed stats) is about Mach 1.7.

The article's gist is still there, though.

(stuff from wikipedia)

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement