"MMORPG"

Started by
47 comments, last by a2k 16 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
try the "Help Wanted" forum.

I doubt he'll get much help, all he has is a rough design and one that is probably way over his haed at that(like most HW posts...).

CooleoBen, very few people can pull off a multiplayer RPG. I only know of two that where made by members here. Note that I didn't say "MMORPG", the first M is basically impossible for most people, I would suggest you scale it down and create a multiplayer RPG that can support 64+ players first.
Advertisement
Yes i understand that. I have created 2d type rpg games but they were boring and had no fun. The three people i am working with have helped create mmorpgs in the past when they were relativetly (lol spelledd so wrong)new. I have researched mmorpgs and have gotten some things down. But i totaly agree with you. mmorpgs are hard to create and will take lots of time. Its not like this game i have started to create is going to pop in two even three or four years, all im saying is im starting low with persumably a 3d chat, moving up to combat, then towns then everything else.

Im not saying its going to be a stroll in the park and at the end im going to get candy this thing is going to be a almost impossible effort on my part.

Well at least you're realistic about it. Still I would hold off on a help wanted post until you at least have a demo, nobody will join a project that is still in the design phase.

In the OP you ask for more ideas, perhaps you should make a post in the Game Design forum instead. Add more detail though(more than "1000+ weapon ideas").

Also be aware that you're likely get more of the "start small" responses as long as you use the term "MMORPG". It's just that this forum(especially Help Wanted) is plagued by newbies that want to recreate WoW over night.
I wish you could create WoW over night i would be rich lol but also their would be tons of mmorpgs everywhere so the business would drop if noobs got to involved. But without noobs where is the new generation? its on one big circle that we all hate at one point but love at another. The philosephy is now mine lol. i should copyrite it. but whatever i got to go i shall check this tomorrow and so on....peace out
Quote:Original post by CooleoBen
But without noobs where is the new generation?
Going to school, learning to develop software, getting internships at game companies, paying their dues and working their way up... just like every other career.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I knew a noose would come in handy one day...
Quote:
They have already tought me 4 languages.(java, c, c+,c++, also visual basics)

C+? Huh? All I have to say is ummm...w/e.

Chad

Sorry, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and stuff but I have to voice my completely sincere opinion that this topic is not real.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Honestly thought that too, entirely too much in this post seems too conveniently geared toward the stereotypical "mmo newbie" post, to put it nicely. Then everyone started taking it seriously....
Quote:Original post by CooleoBen
I wish you could create WoW over night i would be rich lol but also their would be tons of mmorpgs everywhere so the business would drop if noobs got to involved. But without noobs where is the new generation? its on one big circle that we all hate at one point but love at another. The philosephy is now mine lol. i should copyrite it. but whatever I got to go I shall check this tomorrow and so on....peace out

Press <alt> + <f4> to solve all your problems. Little known fact.
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement