"MMORPG"

Started by
47 comments, last by a2k 16 years, 7 months ago
Oberon_Command is 17?!
Advertisement
yea i guess your right just i was overwhelmed in what i wanted to say so it did agree crappy.. i do agree with you... i shall remember that next time when i put a post up like this up..but you got to say their is some discrimination.

like the thought "even thoe you are younger and im still better" thoughts like that going around... On many forums i have been cussed out cuase im considered to be to young to even start thinking about this process..

Cuase i got a total of four people (myself included) on this project so far, one has been in the military most his like with programming their programs, another wrote programs for wiring companies and did a couple games, and the other just focused on design and did some programming with some companies.

so overall i think we stand a chance like many others. We arent trying to recreate WoW overnight of over 4-6 years. we are being realistic and we are taking our time and getting all organized so later we aren't scrambling around looking for peices of data that we have misplaced.
somone here said something bout c+. C+ is a mixture between the commands for c and c++.(at least that is what i have been told). Back when my dad was in his midtwenties(seems like that was the time of dinasours) he had someone show him something with c+ (he was never was real clear on it) it was something one of his college friends made and gave him a copy(was in beta form) he has recently showed me that and tought it to me.(not to good for anything except practice on code).

SO that is my thoughts and belives on that
have you tried c+++ Its even better than c+ or c++ or even c and its easier to learn and who needs grammer or even punctuation lol punctuation just slows your mmo learning my mmorpgs gonna have 100,000,000 characters and 1000 times as many spells lol
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.
ABCL/c+ is sometimes called just "C+", but nobody uses it, ever. In fact, so few people have ever used it, the only info you're likely to find on it is that sentence in the Wikipedia entry.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by CooleoBen
So what are some of the pros and cons of the databases and files

Files don't support ACID. This, in itself, is a fundamental reason why you shouldn't use files for storing any kind of MMO state, ever.

Well, that's not entirely true. After all, databases are built on top of files. So files support anything that databases do, if you want to write your own database implementation. [grin]
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
yea i guess your right just i was overwhelmed in what i wanted to say so it did agree crappy.. i do agree with you... i shall remember that next time when i put a post up like this up..but you got to say their is some discrimination.

like the thought "even thoe you are younger and im still better" thoughts like that going around... On many forums i have been cussed out cuase im considered to be to young to even start thinking about this process..

Cuase i got a total of four people (myself included) on this project so far, one has been in the military most his like with programming their programs, another wrote programs for wiring companies and did a couple games, and the other just focused on design and did some programming with some companies.

so overall i think we stand a chance like many others. We arent trying to recreate WoW overnight of over 4-6 years. we are being realistic and we are taking our time and getting all organized so later we aren't scrambling around looking for peices of data that we have misplaced.

There's plenty of people here who are your age or younger. Take a look at Oberon Command: he's a well-respected member of the forums, but he's only 17. From his language skills and behavior, I wouldn't have guessed that he's younger than I am.

On the other hand, you use poor spelling and grammar, you claim to "know" C+ when you don't even know what it is, you say you want to make a huge MMORPG that will be a cross of a bunch of popular games, and you act angry when criticized. All of this says "noob" to me. Your age doesn't come into it; your behavior does.
Quote:Original post by boolean
Oberon_Command is 17?!

How old did you think I was? :P

@OP: I started programming when I was 9. The age you start has nothing to do with the respect you get from a community. It's your presentation of yourself and your ideas that matters, as well as how you behave when queried or flamed about it.

[Edited by - Oberon_Command on September 10, 2007 4:14:31 PM]
Wow i woke up this morning and had a bunch of mixed messages....most i didnt like...i guess to be sucessful and have anyone listen to me i got to be in my mid twenties? that is what i got from all this...so if your young and got experience like so twenty year olds your still a noob cuase your still in high school? so im takeing a guess out in the blue that all the people i guess started in their ealry twenties and are supposidly better then the people that started at the same time in their early/preteen age.....just tons of mixed feeling here

A good start would be at least a decent handle on the English language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement