Started by
132 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 6 months ago

Hi every one..This is our game.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwh07hDJdwiPd2xVMFdCU01KV1k&usp=sharing

please give feedback..

thanku..

Advertisement

Opps.

I am having a problem uploading my game( 1.7 MiB).

I proberbly need to turn images on to do this, But that causes loading to take forever sad.png

Is there another place i can upload my game to ?smile.png

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Excellent, got out of church an hour earlier - faked a heart attack.

13 hours left to go, this is cutting it very close! All dialog text has been written and the level editor is functional.

I need to:

• Display the dialog on-screen, including branching dialog
  • Implement winning
  • Implement the end-of-game-screen
  • Scan and digitally color the hand-sketches the artist made
  • Slap together the world (already designed on paper) - hopefully the artist can take care of that, using the editor.

I was up until 1:30AM coding, and had to get up at 7am.

j/king about the heart attack - but thankfully did get out an hour early, since an after-service event was canceled. An hour extra programming makes a huge difference in polish.

Hi here is our games latest version.Some changes here and there.

Please feed back..

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwh07hDJdwiPZnJPd3ZWYzhRMVk&usp=sharing

Ok here is my entry. Didn't get to spend as much time as i would've like on it. 1st work, then had a bad toothache and had to get the tooth pulled. So that put me out of commison for about 3 days alone there. But my game is basically you're a pterodactyl that has to survive for as long as possible in a post apocalyptic world. The humans are trying to shoot you down with airplanes. Thats it. No special power ups, ending screens, hidden characters or even extra levels. Just 1 level and see how far of a distance you can fly before you are shot down.

A webgame link can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68091416/dino%20flight/webgame.html

And a zip file of a windows exe can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68091416/Dino%20Flight%20winexe.zip

I have only tested the game on windows vista, but should work on xp and 7, not sure about 8 though.

Constructive feedback is welcomed!

Not ready to submit my team's entry just yet, since we have much to tweak, but here is a teaser of the ending cinematic.

Yes, the dinosaurs built a rocket to stop the asteroid that would have otherwise caused the K-Pg extinction. tongue.png

Here is my game( it should be attached now unsure.png ).

(busy doing it in peices)

Extraction instructions:

Remove the ".txt" from the extension.

The "Bin32*" Files need to be placed in a folder in the root dir.

"Part2" and "Part3" just need to be extracted to the root dir.

[attachment=17625:Bin32(1).7z.txt]

[attachment=17626:Bin32(2).7z.txt]

[attachment=17627:Bin32(3).7z.txt]

[attachment=17621:Part2.7z.txt]

[attachment=17624:Part3.7z.txt]

[attachment=17642:Updated Bin32 Exe.7z.txt]

I may upload the x64 binaries at some point or if someone want's them.

Is there a problem with the uploader ?

I jeep on getting a "Upload Skipped (Error503)" or a I/O error.

--Edit--

Added a updated exe( changed the way i removed the dino's )

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Edit: nevermind, ryan20fun was working on it.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Well, my grand scheme isn't going to be able to be done in time... but at least part of it is. I too have church tomorrow, and as such am uploading what I have and will see how much time I get tomorrow. Wish I had seen this before Wednesday, and that my graphics and sound guy hadn't had to leave on Wednesday... I spent way too much time working on some rudimentary graphics after deciding that rectangles were not something that would be good to leave in. tongue.png

And, my internet has almost finished uploading! Executable jar file... if you have java, just double click it and it works.

If you don't have java, you may download it here [http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp].

The actual game may be downloaded from here.[http://butishouldhavegraduated.com/extraFile/DinoTamer.jar]

I figure that I may as well do something with the website... though I may just draw more comics by hand now that I see how much easier it is from putting together this game.

Dino%20Tamer%20Screen.png

If I hadn't had to do art myself and had seen it sooner, I would have better art for one thing. tongue.png

Also, each dino would have had to be tamed differently with some simple mini games... and I would have put riding in... and some platforming... may still swap it to platformer instead, but wanted to do something with the tamed dino. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Then could eventually expand it to a world.

I have to say, at the moment it is fairly lame, but if I have time I will tweak it tomorrow, add in more sound effects, maybe a better background.

Fix the graphics so you can see the players better when there are a lot of dinos...

Ah well, hope someone has some fun with it anyway.

Just happy that I was able to figure out the component entity system. smile.png

Work on graphics pal.And I was not so clear about the attack mechanism.

Hobos of Pangaea Has Been Completed!

(Or at least as finished as its going to get today smile.png )

Web Game is located HERE - (NOTE: Will only play on Desktop/Laptop browsers, not mobile device browsers!)

PC Zip File is HERE - (Includes EXE and Data Folder; no installer, open the folder and click the EXE)

Mac OSX File is HERE - (I was not able to test this... still waiting for a friend to verify everything works ok)

- There are FOUR Maps to play on, with one randomly chosen and loaded from the Main Menu "Play Game" Button, so play it a few times!

I had a blast this week!

Occasionally, I need the pressure of a deadline to give me that push to get things done, so THANK YOU GameDev.Net for giving me an excuse to ignore my family and skip out on doing dishes & laundry this week! biggrin.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement