16- koatchi=enemy

17- jibkich=tame

SIDE CHARACTERS

1- Jeffery=medical

2- Josh=weaponry

3- Utain=blacksmith

4- Fibbien=sniper

5- Lillianne=undercover tactical

This is only part of what I have in mind but need opinions.

Advertisement

Is it just a list of the names of places and things?

There really isn't much here to give an opinion on yet.  We don't know anything about the game this is for.  From the "side characters" it seems like it might involve military personnel, but that's about all I can infer... radiation and mutants might indicate some sort of post-apocalyptic setting?

Are the names of streets important for the game, or just trivial details many players may not notice?

Why are there so many lakes? Does the game involve exploring those, or allow players to use them tactically?

Does the player interact with the news channel? Is it a source of information?

Why are there mutated and radioactive things?

Little details like the names of things don't really need feedback, I would suggest taking your idea back to the basics, and explain the type of game, what the player will actually be doing, etc.

:)

- Jason Astle-Adams

In my game Radiated From Hell..You are correct. It is a game based in a post apocalyptic enviorment. You start out in a cutscene where you are sitting down on a chair around 5 in the morning watching the news (News 83). And they start talking about large amounts of radiation coming from around the earths core. You have to survive in this massive rpg world where everything has been affected by this radiation and the lakes are their to explore. Swim under water in them and find sunken boats and animals in the water. You can hunt for food or you can scavenge a massive amount of buildings as well as I have added bunkers into the game as to over time certain areas can have more radiation than others. You can find metal and steel and other materials like that in the mines and tunnels. The hiking trails are just for scenery as they can be walked through and there are no boundaries in the map itself. Find weapons, clothes, food. If you can find vehicles some might have gas but others you have to find gas through the map. The story line isn't developed or really planned fully yet as I have had a very big mind block currently as to what I should do for a original story line. 

I am working on learning c sharp code and hopefully will either use unity 5 or the cry engine. I would love to know which one would be better for this type of game and would love a programmer/coder to work with me. I sadly can't pay so it is very limited but will split game profits and could be real good friends. I know I am asking a lot but it would mean the world to me. Thx

You can't use C# for CryEngine, so your choice is pretty easy. CryEngine is also harder to learn and work with.

Is there a message, or moral or something you want to get across with your story?  A certain feel you want to get across?

- Jason Astle-Adams

6 hours ago, WarriorGames said:

I am working on learning c sharp code and hopefully will either use unity 5 or the cry engine. I would love to know which one would be better for this type of game and would love a programmer/coder to work with me. I sadly can't pay so it is very limited but will split game profits and could be real good friends. I know I am asking a lot but it would mean the world to me. Thx

This game design forum is the best place to get feedback on your game's design. But if you're going to ask which engine to use, you should post that question in For Beginners. And don't recruit in any of these discussion forums. Recruiting and team formation are not permitted except in the Hobby Project Classifieds. Because this thread asks an off-topic question and delves into recruiting, it may get locked if the replies go in those directions. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement