What do you imagine here?

Started by
4 comments, last by ToeBeans The Brave 4 years, 6 months ago

I spent a lot of time making this unfinished animation, but afterwards I realized I had no idea what the heck I was going to do with it. I'm making a 2d pixel game and I wasn't sure how I would go about implementing this. When you look at it, what do you imagine would be there after the balloons float away? A loading screen? An achievement? The start of a new chapter? Credits??

BalloonGIF.gif

Advertisement

Honestly, I thought it would going to be a skeleton but this is probably due to a rather popular 2d lightning tutorial, where a girl turns into a skeleton in the dark... My second guess was credits.

The balloons fly too slow and are too well arranged for me to expect anything exciting or gameplay relevant.

10 minutes ago, TMII said:

The balloons fly too slow and are too well arranged for me to expect anything exciting or gameplay relevant.

Yes, I too thought that the balloons were lacking, and I plan on working on them some more if I can actually figure out a solid use for this animation.

The balloons could definitely use some variation in how fast each one rises. To answer your question though, it looks a lot like the character just finished an endgame monologue/dialogue and then the credits start rolling.

Hope this helps! :D

Yep, fixing the balloons for sure. Took a break from making character related things to work on a pixelated background, and now that I'm looking back on it I hate how they all move like a block lol.

Endgame credits seems to be the common theme here, something for me to keep in mind! Thanks for the feedback :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement