OldGames: Making Games from Old to New

Started by
182 comments, last by JWalsh 21 years, 3 months ago
My server has gone down for some reason...I''m not currently at home to fix it though. As soon as I get home I will fix the problem. The meeting for tonight will proceed as planned.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn''t how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Advertisement
The server is back up and running.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn''t how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints
Jeromy Walsh
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
So what happened at the meeting?
Life is all about expression, so express yourself.
I would love to stay in touch with the project but everytime I have ever tried to connect to your website it hangs. I think it might be my computer but I''ll try it at my parents house friday and see if it works there.
Mosh,

I assigned work to the people who showed up, which was only one. As well, we discussed some of how things were going to be implemented.

Anybody who did not come to the meeting, did not send me something ahead of time, and has no apologized for missing yet, is now in a "conditional" state. Basically what this means is, miss another meeting without word and you''ll be dropped from the team.

With that said, meetings will be Sunday mornings from now on at 10:00 AM PT. This should make it so that everyone can come to the meetings.

If you have problems with the time, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
Jeromy Walsh
Right..anyway I could not make the meeting I did not know about it, I'm having internet problems right now. Regardless on saturday I will have cable installed in my apartment. I took the liberty to look at the website at school today and print out the documentation. If you want I'll write the base code for the game just reply to this message.

Also you can not get mad at people for missing a meeting which you scheduled two days ahead of time! But I will be at other meetings, and if you want the base code written I'll have it done for you by Sunday's meeting.

[edited by - ph33r on December 11, 2002 12:55:29 AM]
Ph33r,

Sorry to hear you're having internet problems. Dont worry about writing the base code, it's already done.

Also, I'm not mad at anyone. I have been a part of about 5 major opensource projects, most of which have failed or succeeded due to their level of commitment and interaction.

Of the seven people who are a part of the group 2 emailed me ahead of time that they could not be there. That was fine. One person showed up, which was also fine. Which means that four of the seven people neither emailed me, showed up, or has bothered to take the time to ask what the meeting was about.

Mosh is the only one who as posted anything since the meeting, and he had notified me ahead of time.

A project like this takes a chunk of a person's free time, which most people find they dont like. Therefore, I feel I have the right to demand that people who request to be involved actually "are" involved. If I'm going to take time to manage, advise, and participate in the project, I expect that the members do also.

Oh, and Ph33r, thanks for checking into the IRC server. Sorry I wasnt there to answer your questions. I try and pop in and out throughout the day. I'll try and stay on as much as possible, if other people want to hang out in there as well.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn't how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints

[edited by - jwalsh on December 12, 2002 1:28:28 AM]
Jeromy Walsh
Im ready to go, just make some jobs and assign them leader!

.lick
Hey all,

I''m suprised! last time i looked the project was ending, but is back in full swing which is good to see!! :-)

I am a sortof part time developer interested in joining the project. My experience lies mostly in C/C++, assembly and the Linux world. As an original aside I was looking at porting the tutorials to SDL as I am not a DX user myself.

I am not sure if anyone is interested, but it could be interesting developing in the two environments(DirectX/SDL) and seeing the differences in the code etc...

Well thats my ideas for now.

Shaun Williams

Oh, just had a look through my pile of odds and ends i like to call ''resources'' and found a collection of breakout brick/ball/paddle graphics. I am not exactly sure were they came from now though. I can post or email these to the group, let me know.

Once again, I do believe that you need to schedule meetings more then two days in advance and you might get more of a turn up. But putting that a side for now..

I jumped on the IRC server to see if you could give me details on how to access the CVS server, I have used CVS before for sourceforge in my last opensource project so I am familiar with it but by no means an expert or proficient.

That''s a shame to here that the base code has already been written, if you tell me how to get access to the CVS repository I''d be glad to start coding for you, seeing as I already built this game not too long ago I''m sure I could get this done pretty fast, and with help of 6 other people it shouldn''t take more then a few weeks. But even if they don''t help I''m sure I can get most of this wrapped up for you. Anyway I can''t code anything right now my room mate decided to steal my mouse and he won''t be home for another 4 hours or so sigh..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement