OldGames: Making Games from Old to New

Started by
182 comments, last by JWalsh 21 years, 3 months ago
Aha, so its my fault I live in another timezone... o...
BTW, im not stupid, i jsut said to test with overlapped window to see whats wrong...

.lick

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on December 24, 2002 10:14:49 AM]
Advertisement
Well merry xmas all and happy new year etc etc

pipo:

well you could always move to a more convenient timezone but i don''t think jwalsh and the others would appreciate you moving closer. Have you thought about the north pole? Apart from being a really cool(excuse the pun) place to live, all you have to do is head south a little in any direction and u can be in any time zone you want! Hell, Santa may even make you an honorary elf and let you program games for Fisher Price.

Look, seriously being in a different timezone is no excuse!
I live in a different that is probably far more inconvenient(just using that as emphasis jwalsh, don''t really mean it! ;-)) than yours but i still made the effort to turn up at the meeting even though it meant a 6am start. I wasn''t able to attend a meeting a but didn''t get myself scratched from the team because i took the time and courteousy to let jwalsh know that i couldn''t make it. There is a lesson in that for the real world, you don''t turn up for scheduled meetings without issuing an apology in advance or asap afterwards you lose the job! Simple as that! There are plenty more dedicated people wanting the job!

I think I might start putting together an OldGames charter, manual/handbook and FAQ for discussion at the next meeting so when we have situations like this we have our stock reply :- RTFM

ban this mofo!

the truth is:
im not allowed to turn the PC on at 4am...

.lick
Well Pipo wouldn''t it be nice if you could give us the courtesy to give the team (or the team leader for that matter) a notice that you will not show? As with real life if you can’t make a scheduled appointment you must give a notice in advance usually at least two days preferably a weeks notice. Also as jwalsh has pointed out you have not given us the pleasure to join the irc channel to discuss with us details about the game. If you still really would like to participate in the team I suggest instead of replying with excuses on why you couldn’t be at meetings or why you didn’t show up on irc start trying to ask how to get re involved with the team.
quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown
the truth is:
im not allowed to turn the PC on at 4am...

be reasonable...

.lick
Pipo,

The meetings are not at 4:00 AM. They are at 12 Noon, PT.

You are not being welcomed as a member of the team not because of not attending the meetings, but for not giving notice, for not logging into the IRC channel at ANY time, for not providing useful insight and for bashing the project ie "hello dick!
im not waiting for the doc anymore.., and "ban this mofo!".

In addition, you yourself said you are not capable of aiding us "GDPong.source = way_too_hard" - Pipo. GDSuper-Breakout is a much more structured project, the libraries, tools, and source are going to be even more complex than GDPong. As well, we will likely go back and redo GDPong with our new libraries.

I am officially removing you from the list of contributors. Please re-apply when you turn 14.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn''t how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
*blocks the low blow from jwalsh*

That was a little harsh wasn''t it?
Dave,

Possibly. But it''s "Just the facts, ma''am."

I''m tired of him providing comments of no real purpose. He kept pushing to find out why he wasn''t on the team, and when we gave him more than enough reasons why he wasn''t on the team, he gave even more excuses rather than trying to accomodate even one of our requests.

And he really is 13. He said so himself once. So 14 really isn''t that far off. =)

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn''t how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
That was becuz you didnt show up for a few MONTHs.
And I would say that was another situation.
Ban this mofo! , was because of the way he posted.

Maybe I''m not meant to join you. Exually, I just ain''t. So why bother any longer...

.lick
well you could always move to a more convenient timezone but i don''t think jwalsh and the others would appreciate you moving closer. Have you thought about the north pole? Apart from being a really cool(excuse the pun) place to live, all you have to do is head south a little in any direction and u can be in any time zone you want! Hell, Santa may even make you an honorary elf and let you program games for Fisher Price.

.lick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement