Ok, lets talk Episode III *SPOILER WARNING!*

Started by
224 comments, last by Sagar_Indurkhya 18 years, 11 months ago
Quote:
Original post by JonC
green? I recall that blue one getting pwned on the mushroom planet, but not a green one. perhaps I need to watch it again. ;)

Yeah Sorry I meant blue. She is Aayla Secura

She is Hawt!! I want to make half human babies with her. She will be the subject of my dreams tonite.

Quote:
Conner McCloud:Star Wars doesn't take place in the future. So there's no telling how useful such a change would be. :P

Ainokea:A long long time ago...

I figure it happened a long long time ago in their own galaxy or theirpart of the world, but is still in our future.

More to the point though, what does the fact that cities like that exist in the star wars universe a long time ago matter. They still dont exist here in our world. So I still have to wait till we develop that much.

Pointless timeline talk. The most important thing is that Aayla is HOT!! and i want her to have my kids. (blue as they may be)
______________________________Yes I think the rev pad sucks/so does 50 and the DS. I like action and am not ashamed. I prefer brunettes but hate chocolate. Yes,I have opinions!!! Rate as you will.
Advertisement
Here are some of my complaints:

-I didn’t think Padme would die so soon after giving birth. Leia said her mother was very sad and very kind which would have been consistent if they had let her live maybe a few years longer. I mean what happened? Did they just have some women pretend to be Leia’s real mom and stage her death?

- Obi-wan told Luke his father wanted him to have the light saber when he was old enough. Anakin didn’t even talk to obi-wan about his children.

- What “new powers” did Anakin gain? He mentioned on MT. Doom that he had new powers.

- I really didn’t like the sudden transition Anakin had to the dark side.

- Yoda gave up the fight with the emperor pretty quick. He didn’t really seem that hurt after the fall he could have continued.

- The ending Vader scream.

- Granted the Emperor saved Vader’s life, but why would Vader still stay loyal to him after the Emperor told him how the dark side can save Padme. Basically the Emperor ruined his life. Also, Anakin knew she was still alive after the choke. Wouldn’t it have come across his mind that the Emperor may have killed her?

- Jar Jar is still alive.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
It was good, but I was a little let down with a few things.

1. I didn't buy that Anakin could be a good guy one minute, then 20 minutes later be killing children.
2. I didn't like the "Wrath of Kahn" style "Noooooooooooo" from Darth Vader.
3. I didn't feel like the Emperor seemed all that tough... I was a little disappointed.
4. I didn't fully understand why Yoda went into hiding. It was kinda like "Well I gave it a shot, but I couldn't kill the Emperor... oh well"
5. The Jedi seemed way too easy to Kill.
6. I was disappointed with how Obi Wan defeated Anakin.
7. I'm not sure why Anakin burst into flames when his feet (stumps) touched the lava.
8. I'm not sure why Obi Wan just let him (Anakin) burn... for the love of god put him out of his misery. Or if you don't want to kill him, help the brother out.
9. Didn't like how Windu (not sure if I spelled that right), fell out of a window and died. Would have preferred to have seen more of a fight between Anakin and Windu.

Great Special effects though. Overall, I liked it, just a few things bothered me.
Quote:Original post by ManaStone
- Obi-wan told Luke his father wanted him to have the light saber when he was old enough. Anakin didn’t even talk to obi-wan about his children.

Two options here. One is that he just made ht logical assumption - Obi Wan is guessing that, had Anakin not turned into an asshole, he would have wanted his son to use his lightsaber. Alternatively, and I suspect this is the correct answer, it was just the right thing to say. "Here's your father's lightsaber. He turned into a real asshole a few years back, so I stole it" just doesn't sound as good, and probably would have messed with Luke's head a bit.
- I really didn’t like the sudden transition Anakin had to the dark side.

People keep saying that. Anakin has clearly been right on the edge of the dark side since the second film. His transition took years, what more would you have liked?
- Granted the Emperor saved Vader’s life, but why would Vader still stay loyal to him after the Emperor told him how the dark side can save Padme. Basically the Emperor ruined his life. Also, Anakin knew she was still alive after the choke. Wouldn’t it have come across his mind that the Emperor may have killed her?

Of course not, he's pledged himself to the Emperor. A much more plausible conclusion [assuming he didn't decide Padme just died a slow death from his choking] is that Obi Wan finished Padme off in order to get back at Anakin for turning to the Dark Side. The Emperor didn't need to spell this out...Vader's hatered would do that for him.

CM
Just got back from my second viewing, as I'm sure most Star Wars fans are. Caught the 12:01am showing and then the noon showing later that day (very tired). You've pretty much covered everything that is wrong (a lot of nitpicking), so I'll cover something else.

Did anyone else find some dark / light symbolism throughout the movie?

When Palpatine appoints Anakin to the council, during that meeting in Palpatine's quarters the two begin walking in the well lit centre and slowly make their way to a hallway where they're almost completely black and shadowed.

Before Palpatine's arrest, Anakin is watching the single sun of Coruscant set and darkness consume the land. At the very end of the film, the twin suns of Tatooine are dawning, bringing light to the land. I thought that was bloody brilliant.

Anyone else find other subtle lighting symbolism, that I missed?

P.S. The Sith rule. Dark Jedi for life. I swear my allegiance to Emperor Palpatine.
Quote:Original post by GroZZleR
Caught the 12:01am showing and then the noon showing later that day (very tired).

The theatre I went to had a 330 showing that had seats available. My friend and I almost stuck around to attend, but he had to be at work at 5. Stupid work.

CM
Here are some of my complaints:

-I didn’t think Padme would die so soon after giving birth. Leia said her mother was very sad and very kind which would have been consistent if they had let her live maybe a few years longer. I mean what happened? Did they just have some women pretend to be Leia’s real mom and stage her death?

Perhaps Leia had been aware of her adoption, but not entirely filled in on the details of her lineage?

Padding to encourage Luke.

Well, that wouldn't have made much of a story for the original trilogy, would it? [grin]

I enjoyed it. Some of the guys I went with were disappointed, especially with the somewhat hypes non-character that was General Grevious (a Darth Vader tech demo, tbh). Grand Moff Tarken at the end was a nice touch (I missed some of the other "hidden" elements mentioned), Chewie was unnecessary, and Alderan looked like a hell of a holiday spot.

Whats really bothering me, however, is one line from ANH. I have the trilogy ordered on DVD, but its bugging me to see if this line was changed. There is the scene on the Death Star where Vader enters the room and declares that the Emperor has finally dissolved the Galactic Senate. Now, ANH is set 19(?) years after RotS, so after declaring an Empire, why would it take so long to finally gain absolute power?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch

Whats really bothering me, however, is one line from ANH. I have the trilogy ordered on DVD, but its bugging me to see if this line was changed. There is the scene on the Death Star where Vader enters the room and declares that the Emperor has finally dissolved the Galactic Senate. Now, ANH is set 19(?) years after RotS, so after declaring an Empire, why would it take so long to finally gain absolute power?

Systems that are still loyal to the jedi? Systems that didn't like the way the Empire was going so they stopped obeying them. Wars take a long time to finish.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch

Like Padme said in RotS (or maybe it was Bail Organa who said it...) he could not keep all of the planets of the Empire under control without the senate. If they had just killed all of the senators (or even just got rid of the senate) then many more worlds would have rebelled. They slowly eliminated the senate until they were in complete power.
did anyone else think Vader must've spent the years between III and IV in the gym? He's nowhere near as broad as he is in the classic trilogy. I didn't think it was

Apart from that my only major disappointment was that none of the wookies tore anyones arms out of their sockets! A prime oppurtunity to back up Han's assertion and it was missed.

My final niggle was that I felt too many of the sabre fights were shot too tight. You couldn't really see the fighting.

Other then that I really liked it. Actually it pretty much occupied my thoughts all day yesterday after seeing it. It really depressed me both from a plot point of view and for the fact it's the last star wars movie.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement