3H-GDC m.IV (Winners announced)

Started by
166 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 4 months ago
I would enter, except I'm busy on that particular morning. :(
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
I think I'll probably enter.

I'll try to get some base code ready tomorrow.
Am I right in thinking 10am EST is 3pm GMT? Or is it 5am?
Thinking about giving it a go, assuming I'm not asleep for the start (a very real possibility with *either* of those two times! :) )
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
EST is GMT -500... I'm too tired/lazy to do the actual arithmetic and figure out what time that makes it for you. 3PM sounds right.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

7AM PST... I think I'll pass :(
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Quote:Original post by DrewGreen
Am I right in thinking 10am EST is 3pm GMT? Or is it 5am?
Thinking about giving it a go, assuming I'm not asleep for the start (a very real possibility with *either* of those two times! :) )

Easiest way to check - open your windows date/time settings from the clock on your start bar and se the time-zone to GMT-5 (called Eastern something). Apply this and see what time it is - you'll find it's 3am. Then don't forget to reset your timezone to GMT!

Guess I'll not be entering after all; unless the contest can be made to run for 3 hours from when you access the theme - they use this for timing tests at university so it's possible...
To check the local time in your timezone for U.S. EST, Saturday 10 a.m., you can use this link to the World Clock.
EST is GMT-5, that means you take GMT and you subtract 5 hours. So, you must perform the reverse operation to get GMT from EST. 10am + 5 hours = 1500 zulu. To convert from zulu notation to am/pm notation, you modulo by 1200. 1500%1200 = 3:00PM.

Maybe this should be a prerequisite to joining the contest.

On the content issue:
I would much rather see programmer art from everyone than someone use a sprite pack, even if it is public domain.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Oops. I moved from GMT->EST on my PC and then STILL screwed it up. Apologies if I confused anybody by sounding confident in my mistake...

Is the theme announced in this thread? And how is submission done - more importantly how strict is the 3Hr deadline? To the second, to the minute, to the hour... since a file of a few Mb can take up to an hour for me to download it's an issue - I'll try to keep it small! Probably no way around it though.
Quote:Original post by d000hg
Oops. I moved from GMT->EST on my PC and then STILL screwed it up. Apologies if I confused anybody by sounding confident in my mistake...

Is the theme announced in this thread? And how is submission done - more importantly how strict is the 3Hr deadline? To the second, to the minute, to the hour... since a file of a few Mb can take up to an hour for me to download it's an issue - I'll try to keep it small! Probably no way around it though.

theme isn't announced until 15 minutes before the start of the contest. I do have something in mind, but I have to keep it secret as a measure of preventing people from starting too early. Sure, I'm allowing base code, but the design itself is pretty much dependent on the theme.

Submission is done as this: I should receive a message from you in some way that directly connects me to download your submission. You could attach it an email, or you could host it on a site and send me a link, or whatever.

Timeline: I'll take it on confidence that if you post to say you are sending it, but because you're on 56k it's going to take an hour, then I'll believe you.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement