Anybody left from the 2003 crowd?

Started by
87 comments, last by CGameProgrammer 10 years, 3 months ago

I was here in 2001 I think. (Being anonymous for a while though).

I remember the green slime advert.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
Advertisement

Are we having a nostalgia-fest? Here are some things I remember from long ago:

• Sabreman talking about Lisp/dissing C++ wherever humanly possible
  • Someone using the term 'poppet' a lot (YodaTheCoda?)
  • Pouya posting a ridiculously obfuscated, tiny Arkanoid-style game
  • The Radeon advert
  • bishop_pass posting lots of interesting photos (and talking about horses)
  • Yann L posting amazing screenshots every so often, causing threads to digress
There was also a user called something like "pirate lord", who had no experience what so ever but was 100% convinced the game design he had been working on for years would be the second best (that's right, for some reason he never expected to beat the unnamed best game!) game ever.

- Jason Astle-Adams

ru2LkUw.png

Those usernames...

The way you can tell this is really old is there's an active 4E contest going on... those haven't been around in ages.

Also, the fact that I registered in 2004 makes me feel like a young greenie compared to some of you.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Why were so many people having difficulties in 2005?

I assume a lot of it was probably just a joke.

Don't think difficulties, think more "solutionally challenged"

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

Sabreman and bishop_pass must be buying stocks of every champagne and caviar company listed on Wall Street. The functional programming revolution is nearly a stone's throw away and Clojure is actually popular.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

That was part of the 4E contest.

Who came up with the "HTML with Variables" and "MMOHockey" memes? Those were classic, lol.

Ugh, that Radeon advert. Man, GDN almost had an Exodus of biblical proportions because of that.

Oh, man. I remember when SuperPig almost shit his pants when [I forget the user] created that Javascript script that made all the text in the posts float in elliptical patterns. That shit was awesome!

And of course, I have to mention it (at least once a year). The Black Theme. Oh, how we miss thee sad.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement