• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Anybody left from the 2003 crowd?

This topic is 1476 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been a member since 2001. Not really posting that much lately.

It is true that the indie game development did not work out financially in the end for me (save for few yrs).

But thanks to the game development hobby (and the out-of-the-box attitude / skills it forces upon you), I got a chance to prove myself when working in an offshore team and researched&developed a new algorithm that is now being used in production.

That resulted in me being transferred with my family to USA (first on visas, then I got a green card) and now I'm working in a non-game company with 37.5 work-week (a huge change to offshore practices).

So, it did take some time for the skills [I gained in this hobby] to manifest, but it all worked out pretty well in the end.

Unfortunately, I don't *dream big* with my games anymore, since the costs of living in NY/NJ are so high that even if my new game made $1M, it's still a far cry from retirement.

That would be like - OK, I can retire 5 yrs sooner - maybe even at 60-65 ?

Advertisement

ru2LkUw.png

Those usernames...

Wow. My name is on that list.

lol.

Hey I'm in there too

Yeah, I still lurk. Way earlier than 2003, though, I think. I won one of those 3H-GDC competitions (sticky in the screenshot) back in the day.

It has been a while, just stopping by to wish everyone a happy christmas!

(but where's the christmas theme?)

I'm not around much any more.  My contribution for memory lane was the fastest growing thread I had seen: OMFG Jesus = Hitlar

If you were here then you'll probably remember it...

Does anybody remember the pink gang? Though that may have been 2004.

I had a different username in those days.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement