Started by
68 comments, last by LanceJZ 6 years, 2 months ago

@LanceJZ Nice.

LightningCommandScreen.jpg&key=8a97c5eda

Windows / Mac Executable : MK_LightningCommand.zip

Fairly complete this go around. 

Advertisement

Looks beautiful.

Here goes my entry! Right now it's more or less a straight Missile Command clone. I couldn't help it but use the trophy image as the in game missile :)

Per default use the mouse and keys 1, 2, 3 to fire the cannons. Protect and survive!

Download from http://www.georg-rottensteiner.de/files/GDMissileCommand.zip

Edit: Updated archive with source code (only the main game code, not the overall library code, sorry!)

5a382080c1aac_GDMissileCommand18_12.201721_04_57.png.be262206401012b3e1829241968abd05.png

5a38208e9c518_GDMissileCommand18_12.201721_05_09.png.e8999cf02143e930243d53c584515b04.png

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Awesome challenge.

Gonna give this a crack. Will be a good test of my framework I have been creating for the past few months.

Count me in! :D

[edit]

Had a chance to make a start today. Got some basic assets happening in game. Still haven't touched gameplay at this stage. Entire application currently weighs in at 344 Kilobytes (no audio yet).

GVaKQKt.png

[edit2]

Started a dev blog :)

Quick question. Have I set up this blog thing correctly? I click on 'My Blogs' and it tells me I have no entries. I'm new to the blog thing. :)

54 minutes ago, lonewolff said:

Quick question. Have I set up this blog thing correctly? I click on 'My Blogs' and it tells me I have no entries. I'm new to the blog thing. :)

Looks like you created the blog, so that's the right first step.

But maybe you put your first entry as the blog "About"? :)

For your first entry you'll want to click on the "Add New Entry" button (in blue) - right above where it says "No blog entries have been created". You'll get the familiar editor to fill out the entry.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Cool, thanks! I'll reshuffle some things a bit :)

@Endurion Any chance of a video? It crashes on startup so no joy. Looked but who knows...VS14 runtime, my DX10.0 device, etc., dunno, no Xtream access.

I'm on a cheap laptop the next few days, so probably hard to get a video up. Regarding the crash, I'll have to look. It's compiled with VS 2015, defaults to DX11 for the renderer, but will automatically fall back to DX9 and/or DX8 if that fails.

I'll try to see what could cause the crash. Are there any details in the crash message?

Oh, and thanks for letting me know!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Not a fault message, just the app will now close thing. I'm mobile now and can't give specific. When I create a dx11 device on this machine, it succeeds with feature level 10.0. It's interesting that you mention a dx8 fallback. Sounds complicated. I thought feature level only went back to dx9.x. Again, really like your art style. I suppose I should mention that I stopped upgrading visual studio at VS12 or visual studio 2013 depending on how you say it, so maybe its possible being the VC runtime. 

@lonewolff you too. That background is sexy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement