OldGames: Making Games from Old to New

Started by
182 comments, last by JWalsh 21 years, 3 months ago
Pipo,

After looking at your previous replies in the forum I decided to use a tone that would get your attention.

This thread is for OldGames, if you have a problem with what is going on then start a new thread that way we can get back to our work. Better yet, come and visit us in the forums for a chat i am there regularly and so is jwalsh.

saw
Advertisement
If you guys want to make 2D games try using the ZEngine (http://zengine.sourceforge.net/) library. Just a suggestion to help you all out.
Hehe....

We dont need to use an engine or a toolkit...we''re making great progress. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn''t how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Heya!

I''ve added several updates to the website, check out the site for more info!

http://dungeons.dyndns.org/oldgames/

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
"The question isn''t how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" -Boondock Saints
Jeromy Walsh
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Hey all, just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been able to participate hardly at all, but Ive been pretty busy with some stuff. I wont bother saying what stuff, but I can say that I will have some free time in a couple of weeks after my exams. The last one is on Monday 20th, so after that, I should be cool to help out. Hows the project coming along by the way? Still on track for Feb 1st?

Later, Mosh.

[EDIT] got rid of un-necessery nastiness...[/EDIT]

[edited by - Mosh on January 8, 2003 12:22:12 PM]
Life is all about expression, so express yourself.
Pardon me, that was a mail virus, which my sister runned...

I found a way to remove it:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

PS. Dont blame me for everything, I sent you a mail back with this link already to say sorry... for a think I didn''t do...

.lick
just one question ... are the source code of the games the "part 2" of the tutorials?? because i was expecting something more detailed and with a step by step instruction set

Just remember there are three types of ppl in this world: those who can count and those who cant
peace
After we finish GDBreak-out we wil include step by step tutorials. We will dedicate as long writing the tutorials as we did writing the code.

ERROR(500)
EvilNano,

As Ph33r stated, there is more to come. The source code is only part of "Part2." Part2 is actually a walk-through of the code, and an explanation of the steps we took to produce the code.

I never got around to writing Part2 of GDPong, and upon looking at the code again, I realized it was rather messy. Over the last several months I''ve improved as a programmer. As well, we''ve established well defined coding conventions for the games which will make them VERY easy to understand.

After we finish GDSuper-Breakout, we''re going to Re-do GDPong as well, and include comprehensive tutorials on both. Finally, I am likely to add content to both of the Part1''s. I know you''re probably saying to yourself right now "yeah right..." But honestly, we''re making very good progress and I''m confident that we''ll be able to meet our goals.

Look for a very rough "alpha" version Feb. 1. It will be playable, but it wont have any sound or music, and likely wont be very visually appealing. The final release will be available with GDPong and part2 of the tutorials around March 1.

Best Regards,

Jeromy Walsh
Programmer
Liquid Entertainment
------------------------
Jeromy Walsh
DAMN I LOVE U

your studies in psycology have helped u to know the hole in where im I so i have plenty of confidence that ur tutorials will get me somewhere... when i read ur doc''s i feel that those were written specially for me

dont worry if u take longer than expected to finish those tutorials.. ill be always waiting..im so thankful thanks for all

Just remember there are three types of ppl in this world: those who can count and those who cant
peace

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement