WoA V - Afterparty/Judging thread

Started by
116 comments, last by racsoth 6 years, 8 months ago

Congrats all!!
There were some very exceptional games made this year that people can be pretty damn proud of!

I just want to give a huge shout out to @slicer4ever for running the show, to his fellow judges (@riuthamus , @Alpha_ProgDes and @jbadams) for their valuable time and to Slicer, @jpetrie and @Lactose for their valuable cash into the prize pool. A very generous bunch of people!

As always that was a lot of fun!

Advertisement

Yay I got second place! Thank you!

Congratulations to all participants, hopefully we all learned something new and continue to do so, I would like to see more polished versions of every game here (there's a lot of innovate mechanics that needs to be on the market).

Also I want to thank the judges and community for their feedback, the sponsor for the prizes, and @slicer4ever for managing all that.

I'll try to improve my game and be on the look out for WoA VI :) 

Gah, I am not happy with how I did this year. Ah well. :/

Nevertheless, thank you to all of the judges for their time, effort, and reviews, and to the sponsors for providing a prize pool! To the winners,  congratulations and very well done! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

So close, so close to... nah just kidding, I'm happy with my third place. I also learnt some new things while coding my game and also some things about game development in general (I should really let other people test what I make). 

Well, congratulations to everyone. I hope you all had fun making your games.

Also, @jbadams was supposed to be a judge? I don't see any review of him on the submission site.

Congrats to all entrants, and esp. dmatter, well done! :)

I missed the final polish and a few other things and therefore got quite a lower voting than hoped. Ah well, I've learned something!

And big thanks to sliver4ever and all judges for the work they put into this contest!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Congratulations to all.

I really enjoy doing these community challenges.

It shows that even if our normal/other projects take (alot) of time, We are doing our best to do them right.
I tend to make (really) messy bits and pieces of code when I rush to get things done quickly, And that code may not be the best or maintainable.

Thanks again to those involved in the managment, running & judging.

Edit: Wow, I got very close to the top :) Woohoo

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

GG

Apologies to all the participants, I had a family medical emergency and was unable to submit my results before the deadline.

Given the results have already been released I won't add them to the official site, but you can view my scores and notes here.

Well done to everyone, and a fantastic effort from slicer and the other judges.

- Jason Astle-Adams

3 hours ago, jbadams said:

Apologies to all the participants, I had a family medical emergency and was unable to submit my results before the deadline.

Oof, I'm really sorry to read of it! I hope that the emergency has been resolved, for the better, and with no lingering ills! :/

Thank you very much for nevertheless providing scoring and notes! It's appreciated. ^_^

(The controls in my entry perhaps are a little sluggish--at least one other judge recommended increasing the movement speed, if I recall correctly.)

[edit]

I've written up a quick post-mortem for my entry:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement