Dev Team Required

Started by
8 comments, last by 0r0d 5 years, 10 months ago

Hello I am looking for a team who are willing to work on a Realistic, Large, Story-based, Open-World, Survival, Horror game. I'm looking for a team that is willing to stay with me through the whole project. 

For this project I will be needing:

3D Modeler:
Somebody who has a good understanding on how to create 3D models through Blender, Maya, 3DS Max,
or any other Modeling programs of their choosing
Animator:
Someone able to rig and animate humans, non-humans, and machines.
Artist:
Someone able to make art for loading screens, GUIs, and Cover art.
Environment Artist (2-3):
Someone able to create a large open world for the players to explore
Writer:
Someone who has experience writing story-lines and can write dialogue for this project
Sound Engineer:
Somebody who can create sounds for character movements, environment, and animals

Ideas for The Project:
- Shipwrecked on an island after getting caught in a storm out on the ocean
- Start on the boat with all your friends and a bunch of NPCs where the ship doesn't crash until you talk to the captain
- Able to search wreckage to find food, water, and a basic tool.
- Locked areas in the wreckage that you need special tools or codes to open.
- Secret chests you can find on the island through maps that you can find in abandoned houses, shacks, and wreckage of pirate ships.
- Fishing rods to go fishing for different kinds of fish.
- Cooking system to cook food on a grill or campfire which requires propane tanks or wood to continue burning
- Underwater and land caves with plenty of resources
- Mutant bosses that you can fight above or under water
- Underwater life (Sharks, Fish, Large underwater Squid boss)

These are just ideas they may or may not be implemented in the final product.
Any feedback on ideas for the game would be appreciated.

We will be setting up a kickstarter for people to support this, if this project gets up going, so watch for that.

Advertisement

Do you have any experience making games and leading teams?

What is youre field of expertise and contribution to the project?

Do you have any budget for basic assets?

You should really mentions those basics in youre ad, otherwise people have to assume youre just fishing for people making a game for you.

11 hours ago, Vollkrasser said:

Do you have any experience making games and leading teams?

What is youre field of expertise and contribution to the project?

Do you have any budget for basic assets?

You should really mentions those basics in youre ad, otherwise people have to assume youre just fishing for people making a game for you.

Hey, I didn't think to put that in sorry =P. Anyway I have made like one small project that I never finished because I didn't know how to make models or anything. I would put it all together working with the blueprints and widgets inside the engine. And what do you mean by basic assets? I do have a small budget but I don't know what kinds of things I'd have to buy.

7 hours ago, Cello Gaming said:

And what do you mean by basic assets?

@Vollkrasser meant 3D models, code, sound and other content used for making games.

7 hours ago, Cello Gaming said:

Anyway I have made like one small project that I never finished because I didn't know how to make models or anything.

This is dangerous as a project leader. You need to invest some time into learning practical game development skills.

You want to make a realistic, open world game; this means your team members must be professionals. Any professional artist, composer, coder has more experience working on games than you do. The result usually is that the more professional members take charge of the game and as a inexperienced developer you will be pushed out.

I have seen it happen, once even caused it.

Start with a much-much smaller game. Like learning to crawl before you build a airplane to fly.

17 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

@Vollkrasser meant 3D models, code, sound and other content used for making games.

This is dangerous as a project leader. You need to invest some time into learning practical game development skills.

You want to make a realistic, open world game; this means your team members must be professionals. Any professional artist, composer, coder has more experience working on games than you do. The result usually is that the more professional members take charge of the game and as a inexperienced developer you will be pushed out.

I have seen it happen, once even caused it.

Start with a much-much smaller game. Like learning to crawl before you build a airplane to fly.

Alright, I was also looking at making a small top-down horde game kind of like cod zombies or "Yet another zombie defence" on a smaller scale so maybe ill try that =P

On 6/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, Cello Gaming said:

Hello I am looking for a team who are willing to work on a Realistic, Large, Story-based, Open-World, Survival, Horror game. I'm looking for a team that is willing to stay with me through the whole project. 

I'm just going to lay it out for you.  I'm not trying to offend you or make you feel bad, but this is the truth.

You have no real experience in game development and especially not in leading a team or finishing a project, much less a "large" project.  You have no money (or else you'd have mentioned it).  And... you also have no chance whatsoever of doing any of what you said you want to do.  You will not get such a team, especially not of people who are capable of working on a large game like you describe, you will not get any real money from Kickstarter, and you will never make this game.

I hate the be the Simon Cowell here, but this is just the truth and you should focus on more realistic and attainable goals.  Even if you had millions of dollars and could somehow hire enough professionals to make this game, you will still never make this game because you have no experience, and I guarantee you that making a large and ambitious game is many, many... many times more difficult than you think it is.  You even said it yourself, you tried to make one small project and you failed to finish it.

6 hours ago, Cello Gaming said:

Alright, I was also looking at making a small top-down horde game kind of like cod zombies or "Yet another zombie defence" on a smaller scale so maybe ill try that =P

This is a good idea, don't know why someone would downvote that; maybe they don't like zombie games. :)

That size is about right in complexity, but looking at "Yet another zombie defence" I can tell the art isn't for a beginner. So maybe the same idea, but with simpler art and sound; like a retro version of "Yet another zombie defence".

You could use https://www.bfxr.net/ for sound and https://opengameart.org/ for art. Then you can grab the engine of your choice and start making a demo. Once you have a working concept finding team members is a breeze.

Remember that being a professional Sound composer, Artist , Programmer, Developer or Writer, takes years of learning for each. To make games you need to know a little bit of everything and it helps greatly if you are a professional in at least one.

15 hours ago, 0r0d said:

I'm just going to lay it out for you.  I'm not trying to offend you or make you feel bad, but this is the truth.

You have no real experience in game development and especially not in leading a team or finishing a project, much less a "large" project.  You have no money (or else you'd have mentioned it).  And... you also have no chance whatsoever of doing any of what you said you want to do.  You will not get such a team, especially not of people who are capable of working on a large game like you describe, you will not get any real money from Kickstarter, and you will never make this game.

I hate the be the Simon Cowell here, but this is just the truth and you should focus on more realistic and attainable goals.  Even if you had millions of dollars and could somehow hire enough professionals to make this game, you will still never make this game because you have no experience, and I guarantee you that making a large and ambitious game is many, many... many times more difficult than you think it is.  You even said it yourself, you tried to make one small project and you failed to finish it.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate what you are saying and I understand which is why I plan to make a much smaller top-down zombie horde game. ?

8 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

This is a good idea, don't know why someone would downvote that; maybe they don't like zombie games. :)

That size is about right in complexity, but looking at "Yet another zombie defence" I can tell the art isn't for a beginner. So maybe the same idea, but with simpler art and sound; like a retro version of "Yet another zombie defence".

You could use https://www.bfxr.net/ for sound and https://opengameart.org/ for art. Then you can grab the engine of your choice and start making a demo. Once you have a working concept finding team members is a breeze.

Remember that being a professional Sound composer, Artist , Programmer, Developer or Writer, takes years of learning for each. To make games you need to know a little bit of everything and it helps greatly if you are a professional in at least one.

Thank you so much for the links I will definitely look at those =P 

1 hour ago, Cello Gaming said:

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate what you are saying and I understand which is why I plan to make a much smaller top-down zombie horde game. ?

Yes I think focusing on a smaller, more manageable project is a good move.  Also, your focus should be on just finishing it.  This means that you should regularly reassess your progress and make changes as needed.  Sometimes that might mean reducing the scope of the project, even if it was small to begin with, just as long as you can get to the finish line.

Once you have finished a project, you will have the experience to tackle something bigger.  Once you have finished a few of those, then at that point I think you can go out and find other to collaborate with.  I think trying to put together a team and lead it at this point is premature and will almost certainly fail, and not necessarily in the "it failed but I learned a lot" way.  Probably more in the "it failed and it was a total waste of time" way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement